Trust and reliance plays a huge role in bringing a customer to your online store. Many users now have knowledge of online security and the essential padlock symbol, which tells them that their online transaction is safe. To improve this trust with users, you can authenticate your business and display the VeriSign Trust Seal symbol on your website.
The Trust Seal not only promotes on your web site but drives additional traffic through Seal in Search, a browser add-on which populates VeriSign Seals next to applicable sites in the major search engines on 70 million desktops. Additionally, it scans your site for malware daily and immediately notifies you of findings. All of this comes free with the purchase of the Seal.
The VeriSign Trust Seal Symbol:
- Name of the Organization
- The address under which the business is registered
- URL of the web site's home page
- Payment Method
- A valid email address where VeriSign can reach you to validate the information
Authentication and Verification
Upon completion of the enrollment process, next will be the authentication process. This is required to verify that the organization is legitimate, and is registered with the proper government authorities. Verification is the process of confirming that:
- The Organization is still in business.
- The Organization owns/has rights to use the domain name listed in the enrollment.
- The Organizational Contact is a full time employee for the organization listed in the enrollment.
- The Organizational Contact is aware of the VeriSign Trust Seal enrollment.
- The URL of your Web site's home page
VeriSign Trust Seal can be displayed on any page that is within the domain name of the web site mentioned.
Once the business is validated and authenticated, you can start the installation procedure of the VeriSign Trust Seal.
The VeriSign Trust Seal is available from a self-service page that allows you to customize your new Trust Seal. To add the VeriSign Trust Seal to your Web site:
- Go to the VeriSign Trust Seal Installation page on the official website of VeriSign.
- Click “I Accept” to agree to the terms and conditions of the VeriSign Trust Seal Services Agreement.
- Customize your seal by selecting the desired options for the Trust Seal size and format in the “Choose Your Seal” section.
- In the “Create Your Seal Code” section, click "I Accept. Create Script." to generate your Trust Seal code.
- Use your normal HTML or web development editor to add the Trust Seal code to any page of your Web site, provided it is located on the same domain as was used for your Trust Seal enrollment.
Copy and paste the seal code into your Web page code where you want the seal to display. Copying the code into a plain text editor is the best practice as other word processors can alter the formatting of the code.
Add Cheap VeriSign Trust Seal to any page within your domain where a visitor may have a concern about security: the login screen, home page, and security or privacy information pages. The Trust Seal should be placed where it will be clearly visible to your Web site's visitors.
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites